PAST PASSIVE VOICE
In this webquest you will find information about the use of past passive voice. You will learn:
- What is the past passive voice?
- How is it formed?
- How can you use it?
Now that you know what you are going to learn, ENJOY THIS ACTIVITY!
Lengua Extranjera - Inglés
- Procesador de Texto
- Internet - Información
- Organizadores Gráficos
Your task includes:
- Watch a video
- Do a grammar activity
- Read and analyze news
At the end of this activity you will elaborate a power point presentation with your results.
Follow the steps:
1. Go to this link http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-use-passive-voice-english-language-165426/ and watch the video up to the minute 4:51. Write the 3 sentences that the teacher mentions about the paintings.
2. Go to this link http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/grammar/passive.htm and read the gramar explanation.
3. Go to this link http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/exercises/active_passive/sentences_simple_past.htm and do the activity.
4. Go to The New York Times website http://www.nytimes.com/ and choose 1 news about the topic you prefer.
5. Use the information included in the news and elaborate a chart with the following information: WHO? WHAT? WHEN? WHERE?
6. Elaborate your power point presentation. You need to include 3 slides in the following order:
a. The 3 sentences the teacher mentions in the video.
b. The chart you elaborate in number 5.
c. 5 sentences in past passive voice about the news you read.
GRAMMAR EXPLANATION - http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/grammar/passive.htm
NEWS - http://www.nytimes.com
This activity will be evaluated as following:
3 points: the 3 sentences from the video.
2 points: the chart.
5 points: the 5 sentences about the news.
As you can see, the total points are 10.
Autor: Paola Mateo
Fecha de publicación : 2011-10-12 00:00:00