WEEKLY PLAN APRIL 20 - 6B CBA
This week you will read, write and talk about natural changes. The story of the week is called "The River that Went to the Sky". Learn the story vocabulary and learn to use the words in sentences. Practice spelling compound words and using the words this, that, these and those.
Area y Asignatura
Lengua Extranjera - Inglés
- Entre 17 y mas de 17 años
- Herramientas: tomar apuntes en clase
- Mapas Conceptuales
- Mensajería Instantánea
- Páginas Web
- Libros Digitales
.Week from April 20 through the 24, 2020
Objectives for this week.
- Question of the week? How can stories explain the workings of nature?
- Comprehension Skill: Cause and Effect
- Spelling: Compound Words
- Conventions: Using this, that, these, and those
- Writing: Tall Tale
.DAY 1 ACTIVITIES (LIVE CLASS ONLINE)
1. QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK. "How can stories explain the workings of nature?". The teacher will write their ideas on a Word document the students can see.
2. VOCABULARY. The teacher will show the meaning (TE 5.243a) for students to write in their notebooks.
3. The class will read SUPER SMART (pg 243) to practice CAUSE AND EFFECT and STORY STRUCTURE and will answer pg 338 of the reader's and writer's notebook.
4. SPELLING PRE-TEST. The students will take dictation of the spelling words of the week and will check them (find the words pg 342).
5. CONVENTIONS - Using this, that, these and those, will display grammar transparency 23 and rad aloud the explanation and examples. Complete online.
HW - find the meaning of ONOMATOPOEIA AND ALLITERATION -
DAY 2 ACTIVITIES (LIVE CLASS ONLINE)
1. VOCABULARY strategy SYNONYMS - words that have nearly the same meaning. Pg 244 Student Edition. Read Tropical Rain Forest, all students read simultaneously.
2. READING the story of the week "The River that went to the sky" from pg 246 to 251. Explain what a Myth is, stories told by word of mouth that often explain something about nature.
3. CONVENTIONS - using this, that, these and those. Complete R&W pg 341.
4. SPELLING compound words. Complete pg 342 and after students finish, we will share answers to check work.
5. After all activities are finished, students will practice spelling words (rainbow)
DAY 3 ACTIVITIES (LIVE CLASS ONLINE)
1. READING - continue reading story of the week. Comprehension check. pg 252 - 257. Retell story.
2. CONVENTIONS - practice review let's practice it. Students complete in their notebooks and send in EDMODO.
3. SPELLING - Complete pg 347 to practice this week's spelling words.
4. WRITING - ss will read a tall tale on pg 258-259. They will write a tall tale in their notebook. Can use the one on pg 259.
5. After all activities are finished, students will practice spelling words (crazy letters)
DAY 4 ACTIVITIES (LIVE CLASS ONLINE)
1. READING - read Pecos Bill and Cyclone pg 260 - guide comprehension using guide (TE 260)
2. Review Synonyms, Fluency and Listening and speaking skills on pg 262-263 Student Edition.
3. CONVENTIIONS - using this, that, these, and those, R&W pg 348.
4. SPELLING - Let's practice it pg 269.
5. After all activities are finished, students will practice spelling words (bubble words)
DAY 5 ACTIVITIES (LIVE CLASS ONLINE)
1. SPELLING - spelling test
2. CONVENTIONS - complete R&W pg 348. - review with students after they finish.
3. READING ASSESSMENT - will assess reading on pg 263K Teacher Edition. Will assess 5 students at a time.
4. ART - guided art project.
Students will upload their daily work to EDMODO platform and will receive their daily grade.
Students will conduct the spelling test in SPELLINGCITY.COM
Students will be given points in classdojo for attending class, participation, speaking English during my class. At the end of the week the winning HOUSE will get a special reward.
Proyecto creado por MAGDA QUINTERO utilizando a eduteka.org
Fecha de publicación: 2020-04-26 22:50:50
*Nota: toda la información que aparece en los Proyectos de Clase y WebQuest del portal educativo Eduteka es creada por los usuarios del portal.