Reading Newspaper can help us to improve our reading ability, learn vocabulary, understand newspaper writing style and let us know what is happening in the world.
A newspaper article consists of a headline, a leading sentence and content.
· Headline: Simple tenses, idiomatic, flashy vocabulary, no use of function words.
· Leading sentence: Use the present perfect tense to give a general overview.
· Article content: Proper tense usage, including a change from present perfect to past tense to give details about who, why, what, how, where and when something happened.
Look at some examples of headlines and leading sentences here
Area y Asignatura
Lengua Extranjera - Inglés
- No hay restriccion de edad
- Diagramas de flujo - proceso
- Hojas de cálculo
- Read a newspaper article and identify headline, the leading sentence and the content.
- Read an Uk newspaper
Read the article that you will find in this link http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_10080000/newsid_10085200/10085219.stm
· Idenyify the headline, the leading sentence and the content: who, why, what, how, where and when
· Re write the article on your own words
· Let`s read a uK newspaper
Tics to read a newspaper:
· Make the newspaper thinner, this mean just read the headlines, the topic of the article, then find the interesting section that you like.
· Browse every article you like just one or two paragraphs.
· Read more about the article you like by reading the information containing when, where, what, who, why, and how.
· Do not be afraid of new words. You can understand what it means in the context.
The Daily Telegraph (daily quality newspaper): http://www.telegraph.co.uk
The Daily Mail (daily mid-market newspaper): http://www.dailymail.co.uk
The Financial Times (daily quality newspaper): http://www.ft.com
The Times (daily quality newspaper): http://www.timesonline.co.uk
The Sun (daily popular newspaper): http://www.thesun.co.uk
The Independent (daily quality newspaper): http://www.independent.co.uk
The Daily Mirror (daily popular newspaper): http://www.mirror.co.uk
The Guardian (daily quality newspaper): http://www.guardian.co.uk
. Each student will prepare
· A Presentation about the newspaper article he/she has read
. Write their own newspaper articles come up with their own stories.
Proyecto creado por Martha Cecilia Tulande Paz - utilizando a eduteka.org
Fecha de publicación: 2010-04-24 00:00:00
*Nota: toda la información que aparece en los Proyectos de Clase y WebQuest del portal educativo Eduteka es creada por los usuarios del portal.