How to write a strong resume?
To get a good job, of course, it is not enough just to write a resume correctly. And yet, let's be honest: it is the resume that is the "entry ticket" to any job interview.
It is your first communication with the employer, and the rule of one-time first impression has not been canceled.
What is a resume: an unconventional definition
Everyone knows that a resume is a questionnaire describing work experience, skills, abilities, accomplishments and personal qualities. But not everyone understands the true purpose of creating a resume. Many people think that writing a resume is just another kind of official business documentation format.
Some applicants believe that the more formulaic and bureaucratic such a document is, the more clerical it contains, the better it will "fall under the standards" of bureaucratic documentation, the more valuable it is for HR-specialists.
The main principles of writing a good resume:
Who should write a resume?
There are two ways to write a resume: 1) by yourself 2) by ordering a service from a specialist or agency. Which way you prefer is up to you. But it is better to be wary of cheap resume writers.
You can easily write a resume yourself, if:
- you have written successful resumes before, which received positive feedback from employers;
- You can competently and attractively formulate all required items;
- you have time and you have a good command of words.
- It is better to order the writing of others, if:
- you don't have time, but you have money;
- you are applying for a top management position or any other high-level executive position;
- You do not know the stylistics and make mistakes when writing a text.
you need to create a resume in a foreign language that you do not know perfectly.