ICESI/ ENGLISH Level 5 MODULE 3 Andrea Rizo
ÁreaLengua Extranjera - Inglés
In this lesson plan we will be learning the basics of LinkedIn. Students will be able to practice the vocabulary learned about Jobs and learn in a real-life class activity how to complete a professional profile to assist with networking within their career.
- Allow students to use a professional social network
- Allow students to create a viable set of contacts that can offer guidance, internships, or job offers
- Provide students an opportunity to engage industry experts in a professional setting
- Demonstrate the power and importance of networking
- Show students a different perspective of social networks
Sesión 1: 1 Sesión
Sesión 2: 1 sesión (2 horas)
Speak out Intermediate unit 4 vocabulary
HerramientasFotografía / Herramientas: tomar apuntes en clase / Imágenes / Páginas Web /
Actividades de Clase
- Create milestones within the project and ask students to complete those in a timely manner
- Avoid allowing the use of professors to complete the professional connections assignment
- Walk students through the development of a good profile – what experience to include/leave out, how to frame expertise, how to maximize educational experiences, etc.
- Groups are collections of people with similar interests, goals, or job responsibilities that wish to pose questions, share information, or network with others of similar interests. Encourage students to focus on groups that are related to their professional development, rather than their personal interests.
- Explain the need for a qualitative post within the groups – starting a thread, rather than just replying to someone else’s thread
- Show students your own LinkedIn profile, including examples of what a 5-8 sentence recommendation might contain
- Help students understand what sort of documentation you will require – screenshots, print outs, PDFs, etc